Essential Digital Tools
Essential Digital tools are digital tools that QACPS considers necessary to deliver educational programs and operational services that support the goals of the school system. These Essential Digital Tools align with QACPS curriculum standards and are compliant with applicable laws and regulations. Examples of Essential Digital Tools include, but are not limited to, Google Apps for Education, Naviance, and Powerschool.
Some requirements for Essential Digital Tools are that:
- Essential Digital Tools will only be authorized if they comply with federal and state standards for protecting student data privacy and security.
- Students’ use of these Essential Digital Tools are required as part of the QACPS curriculum and operational programming specific to the student's grade level and academic programming.
- In most cases, student accounts are created at the district level and tied to students’ active directory or email credentials.
- The current QACPS Essential Digital Tools list can be viewed here: Essential Tools
- Additional essential digital tools will be added periodically as they become approved and will be made available on this list as well for viewing.